This was a tag from my sister. You pick the 6th pic out of your 6th file and post it. Then tag 6 of your friends to do the same. This is a pretty recent pic. It was Jordan's birthday and we went to hit a couple buckets of balls at the local golf course. Cute little golfers!
We had a pretty yucky day today. Ben has had a toothache for the past 2 days so he went to the dentist this morning. They gave him some antibiotics and pain killer and told him to wait a week or two before going to see an endodontist. The pain killers weren't working so he called the endo and went in today. He had an apioectomy where they cut his gum open, "drained" the abscess and cut off the end of his tooth to help ensure it doesn't happen again. The problem is the endodontist didn't find nearly as much pus as he anticipated and Ben really hasn't had much pain relief so I'm afraid we are still going to have to do something else. I suggested that we to both teeth while we were in there (he has 2 root canals right together) but the doctor was confident that he knew which tooth was causing the problem. After not finding very much infection and not producing much pain relief (and after stitching it all closed) he said, "hmm maybe we should've done em both." Grrrr. Oh well, we'll just hope for the best. He did let me sit in the room for the whole procedure but between him, the assistant and all their equipment I really didn't get to see a whole lot.
Anyway, I am tagging Erica, Katy, Meloni, Mindi, Audrey and Melanie.
(and anyone else who wants to!)



2 comments:
I'm so sad that Ben is in pain. That's terrible. Tooth pain is the worst:( I wish that we could help. I think that the antibiotic should be helping with the pain and if it's not you might need a stronger one. But what do I know? I'll have to consult with my dentist about it.
Thank you for posting my tag:)
Ya, I thought about Tom but this is actually the same problem that I talked to him about when I was out there last. Someone just didn't want to deal with it. :) It's too close to his sinuses for most people to want to touch. The denstist did the whole procedure while looking through a microscope! Hopefully it will resolve, still not a whole lot better today. He put him on clindamycin. You could ask Tom what he would recommend but we are limited with the penicillan allergy.
Post a Comment