I heard about growing an avacado tree from a seed at work and found this website. So I went and bought some avacado's and we are going to try to grow some. It will take AT LEAST 5 years for it to actually fruit and I don't know if it will but it will be fun either way.
After removing the pits I washed them in cold water and patted them dry. I would recomend not letting them dry out first because the shells cracked a little. The toothpicks went in much easier than I expected. After I did the first one I started angling the toothpicks up a little bit so that the glass doesn't have to be quite so full of water.
I will try to post about once a week so you can track our progress. I am also thinking about growing some cherry and apricot trees. I don't know how sucessful I will be with all the other things I have going on but we'll see.



2 comments:
I want to try too. i just need to find some time.
I didn't think the toothpicks would go in very easy.
I know, I thought the pit would be as hard as a rock but it wasn't!
Post a Comment