Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Kite Flying Fun

OK, I don't know why but I love kites. I recall flying a kite or two as a kid but its not something I remember doing a lot. So, I buy kites every year much to Ben's dismay because they usually tear in the pain staking process of actually getting them in the sky while the kite string is in a child's hand. But about 6 weeks ago Wal-Mart was selling some colorful but small kites for $5, so I almost bought 3 (a fish, a dragon and something else really cute I can't remember) but upon thinking of Ben's reaction when I got home I decided I should only get one and settled on the owl. Finally today it was windy enough to fly kites!!! (We have had many a windy day, 1/2 of this town still has missing siding and the other 1/2 have tarps on their roofs!) Anyway, we went to the park after school and had such a fun time flying this kite. For $5 I am going to go see if they still have their other 3 designs. I also had a bigger kite with 2 strings that I could fly but the kids couldn't keep it up longer than about 30 seconds. But the small, cheap Wal-Mart kite, even my neighbor's 3 year old was able to fly! I had planned on about an hour at the park (yes, I have an exam tomorrow!!) but the kids had so much fun we stayed for 3 hours! Here are some pics of the kite flying fun.
And for those who might be interested, (Just don't tell Megan I told you.)
this little boy, Jared, has sort of turned into Megan's little kindergarten crush. He is in her class, lives just around the corner from us right next door to the park and his mom is an RN and works with Sheryl at the hospital out here. He is kinda cute!
Let's just hope she doesn't come home with a ring.

No comments: