Sunday, June 1, 2008

Congratulations Abby!!! (I think)

Last Thursday was the kid's last day of school. This was our conversation in the car on the way home:

Abigail said, "I got a perfect attendance certificate."

I said, "Oh, for the term?"

A: "No for the whole year."

I: "You weren't absent once the entire year?"

A: "NO, I was at school every day."

I: "Wow Abby that's great."

A: "Yeah, a lot of people were surprised. I told them that every time I was sick my mom just didn't care and sent me to school anyway."

She really didn't have any real sick days, she is having some asthma issues and coughs a lot but if I let her stay home every time she had an asthma day she'd miss 1/2 the year. I'm just a mean mom I guess!

2 comments:

Beverly B. said...

Good for Abby. That's impressive.

Melanie said...

Kids are too funny in what they say. Haha. I got floated tonight which totally stinks, but it is totally chill and quiet here. So that's good.