Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Alphabet Tag - You're It!

Here's how you play... My sister Beverly tagged me with the letter "G". So now I have to list 10 things I love that start with that letter. G, G!  It seems like such a hard letter but honestly, since I have absolutely 0 creativity genes any letter would be hard for me.  Let's see what I can come up with since family and scrapbooking are out . . . 


1. Glucose - yes sugar.  I love sugar.  If there happens to be some nice cocoa mixed in all the better!  
2. Gingersnaps - definitely one of my favorite cookies but sadly one I make the least.  That extra step of rolling them in the sugar is such a hindrance!
3. Gadgets - I love gadgets from computers to i pods to kitchen tools to scrapbooking gadgets.  (I had to sneak it in there somewhere!)  Ben thinks I have WAY too many gadgets.  His term of endearment for them all is "crap."  
4. Gatherings -  I am such a homebody and sometimes don't want to go anywhere but some of my favorite times are hanging out with good friends and family.  
5. Good Food - I have always loved to cook.  I love to eat out occasionally too but I love to find great recipes to make delicious food right at home with the ones I love.  
6. Gaining - I know I complain about it a lot but I love Gaining new knowledge.  There is so much interesting stuff I am learning and relearning right now, I just wish it didn't have to feel so much like a whirlwind!  
7. Germs - Well maybe I don't love germs but in reference to #6 I have enjoyed learning about germs and everything about them from the amazing ways your body deals with them to the amazing ways they can morph and proliferate themselves.  It is comforting and alarming at the same time!
8. Guitars - well, music in general but my appreciation for guitars has grown so much over the past year.  My kids (Abby especially) are so into guitars and the time I have spent trying to sit down with them to figure things out has shown me how fun they are!  I just wish I had time to learn to play for real.  
9. Gymnastics - My list of things I love that begin with "G" would not be complete without gymnastics.  It is one of the things that made me who I am today.  It taught me to strive for perfection but to expect to work very hard to get there.  
10.  God - He is central in my life.  Even though I don't understand everything and probably never will I can feel His love for me and His hand in my life.  He has given me my family and led me in the paths that I have taken and in the ones I have yet to take.  

I am tagging:

Candace (T)
Melanie (L)
Katy (R)
Erica (S)
Christine (B)
Stephanie (N)
Tiffany(M)