With my new work schedule I work 6 straight which is completely grueling. But the eight days off gives me a little time to catch up on homework and family time. I have also started planning my week off's menu while dragging through my week on. I've added a lot of the recipe sites to my blog sidebar. It's been fun trying out new foods. This recipe has got to be our favorite so far and it's really not hard to make (really it only takes about 20 mins to throw together and 20 mins to cook.) as long as you have a really large bowl. (One big enough to fit all the popcorn from 1 cup unpopped kernels or 24 total cups.) The only things I do differently is mix it in the bowl before transferring to the pans and I only bake for 20 mins and stir it on the way out of the oven onto the counter. I know it has a lot of sugar but if you used a casein free margarine it could be considered GCFC. To make matters worse Macey's had their case lot sale last week and I just couldn't pass up the 12 lb bag of popcorn for $6 so now I HAVE to make it all the time!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow! 8 days off? How long how many hours are the 6? I've thought about making some of that before but I'm not sure about the gfcf margarine. It doesn't always do what you want it to. We are having an avocado problem at our house. http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=181274
OOH, that sounds good. We'll have to try that. I have to work 6 12 hour shifts in a row. It's pretty brutal but worth having time off (I think!)
Post a Comment