We went to Ben's work Lagoon day this year. It has been years since either of us has been. After triple digit temps it will be a few more before we go back. A week later my sunburn is still peeling (second layer) and cracking! We did have fun but we had to leave around 3:30 when the heat was unbearable and the line rides were 2 hours long. We went to Smith's Marketplace to replace the sunglasses I lost on the Bat and to Sam Pan for dinner. After that we went back for more fun. I can't tell you how great 95 degrees felt after enduring 103 all afternoon. Here are some pics from the day. They had rides only little kids could ride so Meg had fun on those while the others went for the big ones!
The kids' favorite ride was the bat. Even Meg liked this one. It's fast like a roller coaster but you are suspended from the track so it feels more like flying than riding a roller coaster.
My favorite ride was the dragonfly. It is a kids ride that adults can ride. It has swings and goes around in circles which sounds nauseating but it was actually quite relaxing. This last pic is to show off my beatiful burn!



1 comment:
How fun! I have heard that the bat is a really good ride... perhaps I will go up and check it out, it's been years since I've been there either! -I think I will wait until it is a bit cooler though, you are brave to go out in that intense heat!!
Post a Comment